Virtual Services I Offer Organizations
FACILITATION OF ARTS PROGRAMMING, WHICH CENTRES READINGS FROM BIPOC WRITERS
* Could you benefit from a process-based arts facilitator who has facilitated Sustainable Resistance for BIPOC Folx for Scarborough Arts and the Talking Back Feminist Media Conference, Authoring Our Lives for Camp Cove, Writing for Social Change for the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild, and Adapting Like a Hermit Crab to Survive Multiple Experiences of Marginalization for Workman Arts?
DISABILITY JUSTICE OFFERINGS, BASED ON SOCIAL WORK BACKGROUND & LIVED EXPERIENCE
* Could you benefit from a past accessibility advisor, and disabled artist whose hermit crab essay, “University Ableism Bingo” has been featured in the Pandemic: A Feminist Response exhibition in 2020, the CRIP COLLAB zine in 2020, and the Owning Our Stories journal and Inclusion Canada's This is Ableism campaign in 2022?
CONSULTING & WORKSHOPS TO ILLUMINATE THE PROFOUND IMPACTS OF OPPRESSION
* Could you benefit from an educator who has reported on such equity issues as human rights, medical oppression, and bodily autonomy, presented at the Dismantling Barriers to Education Conference and the Minds Refined Conference in 2019, the Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival and Conference, the NASH83 Student Journalism Conference, the RISE Media Conference, and the Talking Back Feminist Media Conference in 2021, the Achieving Equity through Radical Leadership Conference in 2022, served as a panelist at the Centre for Independent Living in Toronto’s IDE+A Symposium, and moderated a roundtable for Healthline in 2022, and facilitated a workshop at The Future of Writing Symposium and moderated a panel for the American Society of Journalists and Authors Conference in 2023?
MENTAL HEALTH PSYCHOEDUCATION FROM A TRAUMA-INFORMED EQUITY PRACTITIONER
* Could you benefit from the insights of a fat brown queer disabled immigrant woman and settler, who has provided counseling for the Near North District School Board, North Bay Regional Health Centre, the North Durham Family Health Team, and the University of Toronto, and consulting on equity for the Canadian Mental Health Association?
EQUITY TRAINING, BASED ON PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE & LIVED EXPERIENCE
* Could you benefit from an equity practitioner who first taught Justice and the Poor: Issues of Race, Class, and Gender at Nipissing University in 2012, and has since facilitated for Youth Assisting Youth, Doctors Without Borders, NASCAR, and the College of Early Childhood Educators with an anti-oppressive practice lens?
WRITING & EDITING SERVICES, WITH AN EVER-EVOLVING ANTI-OPPRESSIVE PRACTICE LENS
* Could you benefit from a writer who has successfully received thousands of dollars in grants from the Toronto Arts Council, Ontario Arts Council, and Art Canada Institute, whose work has been published in Chatelaine Magazine, Huffington Post, Healthline, The Independent, Auto Trader, Canadaland, Best Health, Verywell, etc.?
* Is there some combination of my skill sets that you envision working for you outside of the possibilities already outlined above? Then, you are welcome to proceed with a payment of $200 for an hour of my time here, as that is my minimum hourly rate, after which, you will be contacted for scheduling at my earliest convenience. Please only do so if you can afford to pay at least $500 for short-term freelance work, or a minimum hourly rate of $200 for longer term projects.
***Since there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) folx may contact me if I can assist at highly subsidized rates for individual support services***